Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Circulation Desk: 805-378-1450
- Reference Desk: 805-378-1472
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 805-576-7552
- Chat: Ask us in the chat box
What Are You Looking For?
Cultural Contexts for Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man by
Call Number: NEW BOOKS PS3555.L625 I5328 1995
Publication Date: 1995-02-15
Race in Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man by
Call Number: E185.615 .R2126 2012
Publication Date: 2011-09-23
Available in the library. This book contains a number of helpful critical essays.
A Casebook on Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man by
Call Number: PS 3555 L625I538
Publication Date: 1972-01-01
Ralph Ellison and the Genius of America by
Call Number: PS3555.L625 Z84 2012
Publication Date: 2012-01-19
Ralph Ellison by
Call Number: PS 3555 .L625 Z74 2002
Publication Date: 2002-04-22
Some things you should know....
- There are different kinds of literary criticism. The Purdue University guide Literary Theory and Schools of Criticism explains different forms of literary criticism. *Each type of criticism has a "Typical Questions" section that can serve as a possible prompt to start writing.
- It is not uncommon in literary critiques to see several works of an author discussed, or to see a work compared to the works of other authors. In other sources, the author's works may be discussed in the context of his or her life.
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete your assignment, including doing your works cited page. Literary Criticism can be more time-consuming than other research assignments.