In this year, we will provide events, discussions, activities, and academic explorations of the ways technology and humanity interact, conflict, cross boundaries, create lines of division, interplay, and thus affect one another and our world.
The title provides the frame for topics that would encourage academic debate as the college aims to:
- Consider the definitions of "humanity" and "technology"
- Explore issues related to technology
- Investigate technology's impact on human thought, health, and behavior
- Critically examine the history and future of technology and its relationship to individuals, communities, governments, and the world
Year of Technology & Humanity website: http://www.mcwebspace.net/theyearof/
Welcome to Year of Technology & Research Guide
Welcome to Year of Technology and Humanity (YOTH) online research guide. The purpose of this research guide is to provide you with tools to assist you in the following:
- Checking the list of events related to the Year of Technology on campus
- Finding books and eBooks in the library related to YOTH
- Finding books on CDs and DVDs
- Finding articles using the Moorpark College eResources/databases
- Finding websites related to YOTH
- Learning about remote access
- Getting help with citations
- Using Google Advanced Search and Google Scholar
- Learning what Primo is and how to use it
Marshall Davis Jones : "Touchscreen"