The Writing Center in the Library Learning Resources (LLR) building provides guidance and tutoring for writing across the curriculum.
Appointments are required for tutoring (same day appointments are often possible).
To make a 45 min appointment with a tutor, go to the Writing Center website and use the online scheduling system. Online Reservations are required.
Follow these guidelines in formatting your MLA paper:
- Double-space the text of the paper.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Leave only one space after punctuation marks.
- Set margins of the document to 1 inch on all sides.
- Tab indent the first line of paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin.
- Use the + sign if the pages are not consecutive.
- Make a page header that numbers all pages in the upper right-hand corner, one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.
Works Cited Page:
Citations with more than one line of text should be double-spaced and have a hanging indent of 1/2 inch or 5 spaces. For additional examples of citations in MLA style see the OWL at Purdue MLA Formatting and Style Guide.