The Library carries thousands of eBooks that can be accessed remotely from any off-campus location.
1) All eBooks that come up in your search results will be noted by green text that reads, "Online Access."
2) All ebooks can be viewed 24/7 by all authenticated users. The Ebsco eBook Collection is one copy per user. You may view the ebook online or check it out for 2 days and view it on your computer. To check it out, you'll need to create an account with My EBSCOhost and download Adobe Digital Editions to your personal computer. You may print up to 60 pages from the EBSCO eBook collection.
The Moorpark College Library catalog allows you to search for books, ebooks, CDs, DVDs, and titles of periodicals. From the library homepage, click the Library Resources button.
1. Type your search terms into the provided box at the top of the screen. The default is MC Library Books and More.
When performing a search in the Library Catalog, the display screen for the record includes a list of records matching the search terms. The list of results includes for each record: the author(s) or editor, the date of publication, the call number, status of the book and the location of the item. When you get your results, check for availability, location and call number to locate the item in the library. A green check indicates the item is available and not checked out of the library. Charged or a red x indicates the item is checked out.
2. Write down the call number and find the two letter combination on the shelves:
A-HN 2nd floor, HQ-Z 3rd floor All books located in the Reference Collection will be on the 2nd floor
3. To check out your materials, take them to the Circulation Desk. You will need your student ID number (900 number) to check them out.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Librarian!
If you can't find what you need at Moorpark College, we can get it from another library. Check the Interlibrary Loan FAQs page for additional information.
If your book is held by Oxnard College or Ventura College libraries, you may be able to borrow it directly by following the instructions in the document. Check the Interlibrary Loan FAQs for additional information.