The Moorpark College Online Library Catalog allows you to search for books, eBooks, CDs, and DVDs. You can also use it to find out if the library subscribes to a particular journal or newspaper. It is an excellent place to research the historical experience and contributions of African Americans.
From the library homepage, click the "Library Resources" button. From the MyVCCCD portal, click the Library & Learning Resources tab and then click the "Library Resources" button.
1. Type your search terms into the provided box at the top of the screen. The default is MC Library Books and More.
When you get your results, check for availability, location and call number to locate the item in the library. A green check indicates the item is available and not checked out of the library. Charged or a red x indicates the item is checked out. Once you have located the book you want in the catalog, you will need the following information:
Status of Item
Location (Call Number)
2. To check out your materials, take them to the Circulation Desk. You will need your student ID number (900 number) to check them out. You may check out up to five items for three weeks.
The Library carries thousands of eBooks that can be accessed remotely from any off-campus location.
1) All eBooks that come up in your search results will be noted by green text that reads, "Online Access."
2) To open the book, click on the title and you will access the Table of Contents for the item. To access the entire book, click on "eBook Full Text" or the download button.
3) All ebooks can be viewed 24/7 by all authenticated users. The Ebsco eBook Collection is one copy per user. You may view the ebook online or check it out for 2 days and view it on your computer. To check it out, you'll need to create an account with My EBSCOhost and download Adobe Digital Editions to your personal computer.
You will need your student ID number (900 number) to check out library materials. Simply take your materials to the circulation desk (pictured above) for checkout.