Welcome to Your English1A Study Guide
Greetings! The purpose of this research guide is to provide you with tools to assist you in the following:
- Accessing research materials through the databases
- Locating critical essays for your writing assignments
- Selecting an object for your "Seeing" assignment
- Finding books in the library
- Accessing eBooks (in the library and off-campus)
- Determining best practices for Internet use
- Citing your sources in MLA format
- Using the library resources from off-campus locations
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" Speech
Letter from Birmingham Jail
*NOTE: The reading of the letter begins at 4:00
Professor James Frederickson (The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business) spearheaded this dramatic reading of King's "Letter from Birmingham Jail" with the help of fellow peers and colleagues. This is a very helpful visual aid to your reading, and includes a number of historical video clips.
The film was funded by Fredrickson's endowed professorship, the Tom E. Nelson, Jr. Regents Professorship, and the McCombs School's Department of Management.